Distracted Driving Accidents Attorneys in Austin, Texas
Distracted driving accidents are a growing problem on Texas roads. Drivers who are not focused on the road can cause catastrophic wrecks that result in severe injuries or even death. If you or a loved one has been in a distracted driving accident, speaking to an experienced attorney is essential. At Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys, our goal is to ensure people responsible for causing harm are held accountable.
Types of Distracted Driving
Understanding the various types of distracted can help shed light on the potential dangers and negligence involved. Common types of distracted driving are:
- Visual Distractions: Taking your eyes off the road, even briefly, can lead to devastating consequences. These distractions can include texting, reading, talking on the phone, interacting with other passengers or even grooming.
- Manual Distractions: Actions that require removing your hands from the steering wheel, such as eating, reaching for objects, or adjusting the radio, can cause
- Cognitive Distractions: Mentally focusing on anything other than driving can impair judgment and reaction times. Daydreaming, talking on the phone, or engaging in emotionally charged conversations are common examples of cognitive distractions.
- Technological Distractions: The widespread use of smartphones and other electronic devices has introduced a new level of risk. Activities like texting, browsing social media, or using GPS apps divert attention from the road.
Distracted Driving Laws and Penalties in Texas
In Texas, using a handheld device while driving in a school zone is illegal. Additionally, it is illegal to text while driving throughout the state. If you are caught violating these laws, you could face fines and even jail time. It is important to note that these laws only scratch the surface of what can constitute distracted driving. It is always best to consult an attorney if you have been involved in an accident with a driver that may have been driving while distracted.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured in a Distracted Driving Accident
If a distracted driver has injured you, here are vital actions to take:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety matters most. Even if your injuries seem minor, you should seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may not show right away but could worsen over time.
- Call the Authorities: Report the accident to law enforcement and ensure that a police report is filed. This report can serve as crucial evidence to help your case.
- Gather Information: If possible, collect information from the at-fault driver. Obtain details like their name, contact details, driver’s license number, and insurance information. Also gather contact information from any witnesses present at the scene.
- Preserve Evidence: Take pictures and videos of the accident scene, including all vehicles, the damage and any other relevant details. Also keep all relevant medical records, bills, and receipts related to the accident and your injuries. This evidence is essential to support your claim for compensation.
- Consult a Distracted Driving Accident Attorney: Reach out to the experienced personal injury attorneys at Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys. We have years of experience handling distracted driving accident cases and we will help you deal with the insurance company and get the compensation you deserve. Remember that insurance companies are not your friend, and their goal is to delay, deny, and reduce your compensation.
Why Do I Need to Hire an Austin Attorney After a Distracted Driving Accident?
If a distracted driver has hurt you or a loved one, you should seek the guidance of an experienced distracted driving accident attorney. Following are several ways we can help you:
- Legal Experience
Our team knows Texas distracted driving laws and how they relate to personal injury cases. We will navigate the legal complexities and ensure your rights are protected.
- Investigation and Evidence
We thoroughly investigate the accident to gather crucial evidence to build a strong case. Evidence can include eyewitness accounts, police reports, and electronic data.
Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who will strive to secure fair compensation from insurance companies and at-fault parties. This spares you from the stress of dealing with them directly.
- Litigation Representation
If necessary, we are fully prepared to take your case to court and provide aggressive representation to fight for your deserved compensation.
Types of Compensation for Distracted Driving Accidents
Victims of distracted driving accidents may be entitled to compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical expenses: Coverage for current and future medical bills, rehabilitation, and therapy required for recovery.
- Lost wages: Compensation for the income lost due to the accident, including potential future earning capacity if affected.
- Pain and suffering: Damages to address physical pain, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life resulting from the accident.
- Property damage: Reimbursement for repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle or other property.
- Wrongful death: In fatal accidents, surviving family members may pursue compensation for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and financial support.
Car Accident Resources:
- Fatal Car Accidents
- Head-on Collisions
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- Paying Medical Bills
- Rear-End Collisions
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
Contact Our Austin Distracted Driving Accidents Attorneys Today
If you have been involved in a distracted driving accident, do not wait to get the help you need. Contact Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys in Austin today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced Austin auto accident attorneys. Call us at (512) 883-0277. We stand ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.