Austin Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Dedicated Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys in Austin, Texas
Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys’s nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys in Austin are dedicated to protecting our most vulnerable Texas residents from negligent actions or inaction and predatory behavior that is pervasive throughout these elder care facilities here and nationwide.
Nursing homes are designed to provide 24/7 monitoring and medical assistance for seniors who need more help than they can receive at home, which is elder care resident facilities require experienced employees to be present at all levels of their administration.
When an inadequate standard of care is not present, our elderly residents are commonly neglected, abused, and often left to fend for themselves, compromising their overall well-being unless and until someone notices their declining physical, emotional, and/or mental health.
Our managing attorney and law firm founder, Glen Larson, has represented injured Texans and injury clients throughout the United States for more than 15 years with one important goal: To pursue dedicated, driven results for the injured.
If you believe your loved one is being abused or neglected in a Texas nursing home or assisted living facility, call (512) 883-0277 today. There is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready.
Texas Nursing Home Residents Have Rights that Must Be Protected
The federal 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act provides all nursing home residents with legal rights, including:
- Full information regarding living arrangements
- Flexible visitation time with family members
- The right to dignity and respect
- Freedom from any form of discrimination
- Freedom from all forms of abuse and exploitation
- The ability to voice complaints without fear of retribution
- The right to privacy
- The right to make individual lifestyle decisions
- Reasonable participation in decisions regarding medical treatment
Unfortunately, despite their rights and their vulnerable health that require around-the-clock care, our Texas nursing home residents suffer from abuse and neglect at an alarming rate.
If you believe your loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, call our skilled personal injury lawyers in Austin today to begin an investigation into the facility, its staff, or other third parties that may be liable for their harm and injury.
What are the Most Common Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect in Austin, Texas?
The National Institute on Aging lists four major types of nursing home abuse, which include:
- Emotional or Psychological Abuse
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Financial Abuse
Some of the most common signs of nursing home abuse or neglect in Texas may include, but are not limited to:
- Restraint marks
- Soiled bedding
- Trouble sleeping
- Changes in appearance and personal hygiene
- Avoiding social activities
- Refusing to see visitors
- Depression or confusion
- Traumatized or withdrawn behavior
- Broken bones, sprains, or dislocations
- Unexplained bruises, burns, or scars
- Irritation or acts of violence
- Unexplained weight loss, malnutrition, or dehydration
- Frightened or nervous behavior around certain staff members
- Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- Unexplained vaginal or anal bleeding
- Broken or missing personal property
- Variations in prescription drug use, including signs of under-or overuse
If you believe your loved one is being neglected or abuse in a Texas nursing home, call (512) 883-0277 today. There is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse in Austin, Texas?
Nursing homes require several types of staff and service providers including the administrators, medical staff, support staff, and other third parties like housekeeping and food and beverage vendors who enter and exit the facilities each day.
To determine which person, party, or combination of parties is responsible for your loved one’s injuries, we will review all potentially negligent scenarios that will uncover who is liable.
That may include:
- Negligent hiring or training of the staff
- Failure to provide for the daily necessities of living, such as food and water
- Failure to properly monitor staff
- Failure to provide adequate security for allowing visitors or trespassers who abusing or otherwise injure residents
- Medical malpractice is caused by failing to address medical needs or provide medication
- Failure to protect from health and safety hazards
- Intentional abuse by staff members
- Improperly working medical equipment
- Improperly sanitized facilities
Your loved one deserves to live in a safe facility that provides the care they need to live with dignity, so their quality of life improves with their comfort of living outside of their homes.
If you believe that the nursing home facility is allowing your loved one to be hurt or neglected for any reason, contact our skilled personal injury attorneys in Austin today to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the negligent party for their full financial recovery.
Call (512) 883-0277 today. There is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready.
What Type of Financial Compensation Can Nursing Texas Home Residents Pursue Their Injuries?
The damages we pursue on each of our client’s behalf may differ, based on their injuries and the negligent circumstances that caused them.
That may include:
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of past wages
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of wage-earning capacity
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering in the past
- Pain and suffering in the future
- Mental anguish in the past
- Mental anguish in the future
- Physical impairment in the past
- Physical impairment in the future
- Physical impairment in the past
- Physical disfigurement in the future
- Loss of household services in the past
- Loss of household services in the future
- Wrongful death
- Survivorship damages
Contact Our Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence Attorneys in Austin, Texas for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has been injured while recovering from an injury in an assisted living facility or as a resident in a nursing home in Texas, contact our skilled personal injury lawyers in Austin today courtrooms we can help you and your loved one get justice, compensation, and closure. No one should be injured or neglected in an assisted care facility.
While no personal injury attorney can guarantee results, we do promise to pursue the best outcome for you and your loved one by putting our 15 years of proven legal experience to work for you by being a legal team you can trust to produce dedicated, driven results.
Call our skilled team of nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys in Austin today at (512) 883-0277 to gain access to the experience, leadership, and extended resources you need to aggressively pursue your injury case.
Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys stands ready to provide you with dedicated, driven results.