Who is Liable for Multi-Vehicle Pileups in Texas?
When multiple vehicles are involved in crashes, the drivers’ insurance companies will start their investigations by pointing their fingers at each other. This makes it exceedingly difficult to prove who was liable for the crash, as the blame game will continue until one or more drivers can prove their only involvement in the crash was getting hit by the actual negligent driver.
Negligence or innocence in multi-vehicle wrecks is more difficult to prove than you think, which is exactly why our law firm is here.
How Can I Prove Which Driver Caused My Injuries During a Multi-Vehicle Crash?
The simple answer is, the driver who failed to practice their duty of care to keep surrounding drivers safe is liable for the crash, and potentially the resulting chain reaction that led to a multi-car pileup.
Determining the duty of care requires partnering with a team of skilled car accident attorneys who will thoroughly investigate all crash details including: .
- Assessing the crash scene, including tire marks on the road, the damage to each vehicle, and the traffic conditions, signage, and other important details at the location.
- Collecting evidence from the scene of the crash, including photos, videos, and traffic camera footage (when applicable).
- Interviewing witnesses from the crash scene.
- Reviewing the crash report outlined by law enforcement that responded to the crash scene.
- Partnering with accident reconstruction experts who can accurately outline how the crash occurred.
- Evaluating medical records and interviewing our client’s physicians for insight into how their injuries occurred, and how they have impacted their daily activities and overall quality of life.
If you have been in a multi-vehicle crash, you do not have to fight with the other drivers’ insurance companies to ensure the liable party — or combination of parties — is held liable for your financial recovery needs. We can help.
Contact Our Skilled Personal Injury Attorneys today
Call our skilled Austin personal injury attorneys at (512) 883-0277 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation. We pursue dedicated, driven results for our clients, and there is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready to help you.