According to the Texas Motor Vehicle Crash Stats, there was one reportable crash every 58 seconds throughout the state last year that resulted in 256,797 injuries and 3,623 fatalities.
While some of the blame for these collisions may due to population growth and increased traffic, the reality is, negligent drivers are still the leading cause of collisions in Austin and throughout Texas.
Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys’s personal injury attorneys know that we cannot keep negligent drivers from traveling our Austin roadways, but we can provide a checklist of some of the most dangerous roads and intersections around the city, so our residents can proactively navigate these accident-prone areas.
What are Considered the Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Austin, Texas?
According to the Austin Chamber of Commerce, the decade ending 2020 saw a 33.7% increase in Austin’s population with the city gaining nearly 580,000 residents over ten years and growth at a 3% increase for the year ending July 2020.
With more drivers traversing our highways, city streets, and neighborhoods, accidents will continue to increase on what are widely considered some of the most dangerous roads, including:
- East Riverside Drive
- Guadalupe Street
- Interstate Highway 35
- State Loop 275
- State Loop 343
- S. Route 290
And intersections, including:
- Butler Road and Lamar Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Street and I-35
- Highway 183 and Loyola Lane
- Parmer Lane and N. Lamar Boulevard
- Riverside Drive and S. Pleasant Valley Road
- Riverside Drive and Willow Creek
- Trinity and E. 7th Street
Best Practices for Navigating Dangerous Roads and Hazardous Intersections in Austin
Since it’s unrealistic to expect drivers to completely avoid accident-prone areas, each of us must take responsibility for driving safely whenever we are behind the wheel.
Safe driving includes:
- Avoid all distractions, including cellphones, onboard electronics, eating or drinking while driving, or grooming behind the wheel.
- Always yield to pedestrians and proceed with caution through crosswalks.
- Avoid speeding through yellow lights.
- While on foot, remain attentive when crossing through intersections to ensure drivers see you.
- Always use turn signals to alert other drivers around you.
- Do not tailgate and maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
Our car accident attorneys in Austin understand that even if you always drive safely, negligent drivers can cause a collision without notice.
Contact Our Austin Personal injury Attorney at Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys at Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys
If you are injured in a collision with a negligent driver, call our skilled Austin car accident attorneys at Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys at 512-883-0277 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with our bilingual staff who is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure your legal rights are protected.