How Can I Prove Negligence Caused My Texas Slip and Fall Injuries?
Our Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys personal injury attorneys in Austin know that falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries, and can change our clients’ lives without notice.
Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents are common throughout Texas and the U.S., with the Centers for Disease Control reporting over one million emergency rooms visits due to these incidents each year.
When these accidents are caused by dangerous premises and third-party negligence, our clients may be eligible to recover damages.
First, we must prove the property owner or operator was negligent and thereby liable for the accident and injuries, so we can hold them accountable for our client’s financial recovery.
How Can Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys Help Prove My Slip and Fall Injury Was Caused By Negligence?
When pursuing a premises liability case, our slip and fall attorneys must prove three key factors are true.
- First, we must establish the property owner/operator had a duty of care to keep visitors safe.
- Next, we must prove their responsible party breached that duty of care through negligence and did not maintain a reasonable level of safety to prevent entrants from injury.
- Finally, we must prove the injuries were directly caused by the property owner/operator’s negligence.
Demonstrating breach of duty requires our Austin personal injury attorneys to establish the property owner or operator reasonably could have determined the danger existed, and that they had enough time to resolve the issue before it caused harm.
What are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Texas?
Slip and fall injuries can happen anywhere, including public or private property. Some of the most common places they occur are grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, and entertainment venues.
The most common causes of slip and fall injuries can include:
- Failing to safeguard a hazard
- Wet and slippery surfaces
- Failing to warn visitors of known hazards before they are corrected
- Inadequate lighting in entryways, stairs, walkways
- Rugs or carpets that are not secured
- Materials, supplies, and products stacked on floors
- Missing or damaged hand railings
- Broken stairs, elevators, or escalators
- Being struck by or against an object
- Falls from heights
- Lack of security
If you have suffered an injury during a slip and fall accident caused by negligence in Texas, call our skilled Austin personal injury attorneys at Glen Larson Law Injury Attorneys at (512) 883-0277 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with our bilingual staff who is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Our legal team pursues dedicated, driven results for our clients. There is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready to help you. Call (512) 883-0277 today.