Injured Rideshare Driver Attorneys in Austin, Texas
Experienced Injured Rideshare Driver Attorneys in Austin, Texas
Glen Larson Law’s injured rideshare driver attorneys in Austin know how valuable your position behind the wheel is to your livelihood. Whether you are a full-time Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare driver, or are simply working part-time to make extra money, getting hurt in a traffic accident can substantially impact your physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Unfortunately, spending more time on our Texas roads may raise your chances of getting hurt in a traffic accident, and rideshare drivers are learning the hard way that getting the compensation they need to fully heal after a collision is more challenging than they expected.
With our experienced rideshare accident lawyers by your side, you can start rebuilding your life.
Our managing attorney and law firm founder, Glen Larson, has represented injured Texans and injury clients throughout the United States for more than 15 years with one important goal: To pursue dedicated results for the injured.
Call our bilingual staff, who is available seven days a week, 24 hours each day, to explore your legal options and more importantly, justice for you. Call (512) 883-0277. There is never a charge to talk to an attorney. We stand ready.
Who is Responsible for a Rideshare Driver’s Accident and Injuries in Austin, Texas?
If you are a rideshare driver who has been injured in a Rideshare Driver accident in Austin, Texas, there may be several different insurance policies that can be pursued for your financial recovery.
- The negligent driver’s insurance coverage
- The rideshare company’s uninsured motorist coverage or under-insured insurance coverage
- In some situations, your insurance coverage
Our rideshare accident attorneys in Austin will review each potential party, and how they may be liable for your financial recovery, so you may pursue the best possible outcome for your situation.
Injured Rideshare Drivers Can Pursue the Negligent Driver Who Caused Their Accident and Injuries
When an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare driver is injured in an accident with a negligent driver, the at-fault individual will be the first potentially liable source of insurance coverage we will pursue on our client’s behalf.
Regardless of whether you were engaged in rideshare mode, which is to say you had accepted a ride and were on your way to pick up a passenger, or if you already had a passenger in the vehicle, the motorist whose negligence caused the collision is liable for the harm that resulted.
However, their insurance company is not simply going to write a check for your complete injury needs without a fight. Our skilled personal injury lawyers in Austin will outline your case, including the evidence necessary to pursue a positive outcome, so you can focus on your recovery.
Injured Rideshare Drivers Seeking Compensation From Uber or Lyft’s Insurance Policies
Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies, in most situations, carry uninsured and/or under-insured insurance policies that vary in coverage, depending on the facts of whether or not the driver was engaged in a pickup or en route.
Typically, from the time a rideshare driver activates the company’s driver app until they are matched with a passenger, there is limited coverage through the rideshare company’s auto insurance policy.
Once matched with a rider, through the duration of the passenger’s ride, the driver is sometimes also covered by the rideshare company’s uninsured motorist or under-insured motorist policy.
If the driver was picking up or transporting a passenger and was hit and injured by a negligent driver, that at-fault driver’s coverage will be the primary insurance policy pursued your financial compensation.
However, the rideshare company’s insurance policy would secondarily apply in the form of underinsured/uninsured coverage if the at-fault driver does not have enough coverage to compensate you for your complete financial recovery needs.
Keep in mind, all insurance companies operate the same way: By delaying, undervaluing, or denying claims outright to protect their bottom line. That is why it is important to talk with an experienced Injured Rideshare Driver lawyer in Austin, Texas to ensure your rights are protected.
Glen Larson Law’s experienced personal injury attorneys in Austin are dedicated to developing unique legal strategies for each of our injury clients by taking an aggressive approach to producing solution-driven results.
Contact Our Injured Rideshare Driver Lawyers in Austin, Texas for a Free Consultation
If you have been hurt while working as an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company driver, call our skilled team of Rideshare Driver Attorneys in Austin today to gain access to the experience, leadership, and extended resources you need to aggressively pursue your injury case inside and outside the courtroom.
At Glen Larson Law, we stand ready to provide each of our clients with dedicated, driven results. Call (512) 883-0277. There is never a charge to talk to a Rideshare Driver attorney Austin. We stand ready.
Frequently Asked Questions for Our Rideshare Driver Lawyers in Austin, Texas
If I Am Rideshare Driver Who Was Hurt in a Collision, Should I Contact the Rideshare Company First?
- If you are a rideshare driver who is hurt in a collision, contact the police and medical emergency crews to respond to the scene. The police will complete an official accident report that will help support the cause of the crash, and the medical professionals can attend to your injuries and/or transport you to the closest facility for continued medical care.
- Be sure to take screenshots of the app’s position, including rider instructions if you are picking up, transporting a passenger, or dropping off, so your status as a driver is fully documented and be used to help support your case later.
- Each rideshare company has its own policy regarding accident reports. Consult the appropriate rideshare app to learn of their unique protocol and follow the prompts.
- Once you are stable, contact our skilled personal injury attorneys to learn how we can help you pursue the best outcome for your financial recovery needs.
What Should a Texas Rideshare Passenger Do if Their Driver is Injured in a Collision?
- Passengers in rideshare vehicles are equally exposed to accidents caused by negligent drivers as the rideshare drivers are and should respond the same way the driver does.
- Call 911, take screenshots of the app’s position, including when you requested the ride, paid for the ride, and entered the vehicle, so they can be used to support a potential personal injury case later.
- Contact and report the accident to the appropriate rideshare company and take screenshots of the submission about your communication of the wreck.
- Seek medical care right away, and once stable, contact our skilled personal injury law firm to pursue the negligent driver for your complete compensation needs.
What Type of Compensation Can I Pursue as an Injured Rideshare Driver in Austin?
All accidents with injuries are unique, and the financial compensation you may be entitled to will reflect the severity of your injuries, which may include:
The damages we may pursue on your behalf include:
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of past wages
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of wage-earning capacity
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering in the past
- Pain and suffering in the future
- Mental anguish in the past
- Mental anguish in the future
- Physical impairment in the past
- Physical impairment in the future
- Physical disfigurement in the past
- Physical disfigurement in the future
- Loss of household services in the past
- Loss of household services in the future
- Wrongful death
- Survivorship damages